Contact Us for information on our unique Periodic Inspection (PI) program, which helps keep your scale equipment functioning properly and running efficiently. The “PI” program is designed to diagnose problems prior to equipment failure which significantly decreases future repair costs. Added benefits of our “PI” programs are preferential hourly service rates and reduced travel charges. Our company philosophy is to repair first… replace only when necessary!
Our Periodic Scale Inspection Programs can be tailored to the specific needs of our Customers. Our standard Period Inspection procedures include:
- We will inspect, clean, test and calibrate all scales and weighing devices at a date interval specified by the customer or as requested.
- We will make all adjustments that can be made on premises which require no structural changes or additional machine work. No additional repairs or rebuilding of scales will be performed without approval prior to the work.
- We will visually inspect all mechanical over load stops for proper clearance. Small bench scales should be loaded to capacity to determine if the overload stops have sufficient clearance. At full capacity, the platform stops must be engaged with very little movement allowed.
- We will furnish a written test report upon completion documenting the overall condition of the device, amount of test weight used and any required adjustments made. This report will include: scale number, location, manufacturer, capacity, serial number, weight applied and error corrected. In addition, our Technicians will assist, where possible, in matters pertaining to the proper use, safety and maintenance of the devices.
- We will also make any arrangements (where necessary) with any City, County or State Weights and Measures agencies to certify the devices to their correctness.
- In accordance with the Ohio Department of Agriculture Rule 901:6-8-01, all of our Technicians have been tested and are registered to install, service, repair or recondition commercial weighing devices in the State of Ohio. All Technicians are classified Serviceperson II designations and their assigned registration number will appear on the written test report.
- All test weights used by Midwest Weighing Systems, LLC for testing and calibration purposes are traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) as well as standards set forth by all Local, State and Federal regulating agencies. Documentation will be provided upon request. All of our service vehicles carry at least 500 lbs. of NIST certified test weights.